Tuesday 11 February 2014

The adventures of a little cane chair....

As part of my job I'm always on the hunt for the perfect piece to suit a room and also the child's personality, so it came as a surprise when couldn't quite find a suitable chair for my own kids room, hence the hunt began. Having decided on a cane chair sometime before I started my search I'd been keeping an eye out in local op shops and Vinnies for something that would suit her room and also fit her little mini self, but had no luck sourcing that elusive chair. 

Then I stumbled upon Etsy's wide world of vintage furniture and fell in love with this teal papasan chair
at the lovely Mu & Mo shop

It would've been a hit if it hadn't been quite so adult sized.... bummer! But then by chance the owner Hannah happened to come across this little gem.


in a extra small size perfect for my XS Sophia! A deal was struck and although Mu and Mo are Brisbane based, they offered to spray the chair in any colour of my choosing at no extra cost.... Nice right? I love working with people of a generous nature,  it's fun to colaborate! So I settled on a nice bright yellow to match Sophia's wallpaper.


A few weeks later I got progress shots of the chair's new skin....


but it was clear that the yellow was too cold and to match the room, and would clash with the wallpaper (I'm not all about matchy matchy but cools and warms can definitely clash!) So the poor wee chair went for another colour treatment and wo and behold the finished product...

A beautiful rich yolky hue that looked to be the perfect fit for my crumpet.



Not too long after that, we got the delivery....

 After a through examination of all contents (particularly the box).....

 The Chair was deemed....

 Suitable..... ohhhhh!! She knew it was her prize throne straight away!

And once we found a nice home for the poor old chair, I snapped some photos before we decide to change everything again!








What are your thoughts? Do you like it as much as we do?
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment