Saturday 20 September 2014

DIY- Ice Cream party


A few months ago I decided to do an easy birthday party for Sophia and smash the two things she loves in life; ice cream and dancing. The dancing was easily solved by this bad boy:
which you can buy at hard to find and a playlist on the iPod involving a LOT of wiggles.....

The Ice Cream bit was slightly harder..... I went on a mission to get Mr Whippy to come to the party, it all sounded so easy "just call him up, let you know where you'll be and hey presto he'll be there" but about 50 calls later to ALL the Mr Whippy's in Sydney, made me realise you either have to live in Western Sydney or have  like 500 kids at your party.... So the plan swtiched to the much better and fun plan: to do it ourselves....

I didn't want to go too overboard with this party I learnt from my mistakes at Sophia's first party that you really dont need to do too much after a scour on Pinterest I got some ideas to make some simple ice cream cone decorations. I Went to Pulp Creative Paper in Balgowlah and got some cute yellow and white polka dot paper for the cones and multi-coloured honey comb balls for the scoops of icecream. It took me a few times to map out a legit cone cut-out, then cut big and smaller cones for the honey comb balls, 

then squeezed craft glue around the edge of the cones and popped the honey comb balls on top, I put them in a mug to set dry.....
Then I pierced a needle and thread through the top of the balls ready hang from a piece rope I'd cut out beforehand



The day was a hguge sucess with a certain fairy visiting us to do face-painting and singing

 games of pass the parcel, plenty of yummy food- fruit, popcorn, cupcakes, spinach dip cob & risotto balls!


 and lots of ice cream cones!! We put the selection of toppings in little cups with label in paper ice-cream cones we had oreo's, cherries, sprinkles and marshmallows with sauces to add too.....

I'd say from the look on little Sophia's face she had a great time....



xxx

1 comment: